Just a heads up — Wellness Bum is reader supported, which means that we may receive a commission if you make a purchase using links within this article from qualifying purchases. It never affects your price or what we pick to recommend.
So, what happens when your mix Turkish/Greek and Mexican food? This! It’s like a Souvlaki Quesadilla! And, it was a total accident. A delicious accident. I was looking for a gluten-free pita bread recipe, but all of them involved hours of prep, several types of flour, xantham gum, etc. It seemed a little much for a small craving. I’m all about simplicity and minimal ingredients. And, I also can’t bake to save my life!
Well, let me tell you something… this is hands down the best accident! Grilled skewered chicken, homemade Tzatziki sauce, tomatoes, red onions, lettuce, and feta all wrapped up in an organic corn tortilla. It’s a perfect, quick weekday dinner or lunch leftovers.
What You’ll Need
1 1/2 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar 4 1/2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil juice of 1 lemon 1 Tbsp. dried Oregano 1/2 Tsp. fresh ground black pepper 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes 6 to 8 wooden grilling skewers, soaked in water. 8 round organic corn tortillas 1 1/2 cups a romaine lettuce sliced into 1/4 inch pieces 1 red onion, sliced thin 1 tomato, chopped 1/2 cup chopped jalapeño pepper kalamata olives for garnish Tzatziki Sauce
2. Mix your Balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Combine all the marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Pour the marinade over the chicken cubes in a lidded container. Cover, shake and marinade in the refrigerator overnight or at least 1 hour.
3. Remove chicken from the marinade and push onto skewers. Discard the remaining marinade.
4. Cook your chicken on a lightly oiled grill about 8 minutes per side.
5. Brush both sides of organic corn tortilla’s with olive oil and season with more dried oregano, garlic salt, onion powder, white pepper/black pepper and salt mixture. Grill both sides until lightly browned.
6. Assemble sandwiches using two grilled tortillas each. Arrange chicken, lettuce, onion, tomato, and jalapeño peppers on tortillas. Drizzle with Tzatziki Sauce, cut into halves for serving and garnish with olives.
* Don’t have a grill? No problem! Pre heat oven to 425F and cool for 20-25min or until the internal temperature reaches 165F.
I'm an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT-200), offering guidance to high achievers in aligning their lifestyle with well-being through daily wellness and self-care routines, promoting balance and harmony. Join me at Wellness Bum for tips on living well, and consider subscribing to my newsletter or booking a coaching session.