Just a heads up — Wellness Bum is reader supported, which means that we may receive a commission if you make a purchase using links within this article from qualifying purchases. It never affects your price or what we pick to recommend.
A swirl of Black Sesame Macadamia Coconut Nice Cream to make your world go round. Because, there’s nothing like a sweet, frozen treat on a warm summer day. What better way to enjoy the summer days than with an ice cream social? There are so many ways to indulge your sweet tooth while staying on track. This healthy nice cream recipe really hits the spot, and makes for a great topping on your favorite smoothie.
1/2 medium avocado, cubed and frozen 1 cup raw macadamia nuts, soaked for 8-12 hours 1 can coconut milk, chilled, cream only 1/3 cup black sesame seeds 1/2 cup cashew nut milk 2 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup* Sea salt 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1. Soak the macadamia nuts in cold water for 8-12 hours or in your refrigerator overnight.
2. Refrigerate a can of coconut milk overnight. Once ready to use, scoop out the cream only and place in high-speed blender.
3. Add the avocado, macadamia nuts, black sesame seeds, maple syrup, cashew nut milk, a pinch of sea salt, and vanilla and blend at a high speed. (I used a Nutribullet for this.)
4. Pour the mixture into a pastry bag and freeze for 20-30 minutes to create a soft served consistency. Add the attachment to the pastry bag and serve as a topping on your smoothie or in a bowl on its own or with fruit!
* If you’re on a ketogenic diet, substitute the maple syrup for stevia
I'm an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT-200), offering guidance to high achievers in aligning their lifestyle with well-being through daily wellness and self-care routines, promoting balance and harmony. Join me at Wellness Bum for tips on living well, and consider subscribing to my newsletter or booking a coaching session.