Just a heads up — Wellness Bum is reader supported, which means that we may receive a commission if you make a purchase using links within this article from qualifying purchases. It never affects your price or what we pick to recommend.
Bowled and beautiful! ???? This Baja Burrito Bowl is much healthier than other bowls out there. I made this delicious recipe for the gr8nola #thegr8cleanse!
Baja Burrito Bowl Makes 4 servings
What You’ll Need 2 cups of quinoa, cooked 2 cups of baby spinach Red Bell Pepper, sliced Yellow Bell Pepper, sliced 1 yellow squash, cut in medallions 1/2 purple onion, sliced 1/4 cup purple cabbage, sliced 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, melted Cilantro for garnish 4-3 oz chicken breast Juice of 2 limes 2 tbsp coconut oil sea salt, to taste pepper, to taste Optional: Hot sauce or fresh salsa
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Add red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, yellow squash and cabbage to a baking sheet and coat with coconut oil. Season with sea salt and pepper and bake for 15-20 minutes.
2. In a 2nd baking sheet, arrange chicken breast and heat oven to 400°F. Spray baking dish with cooking coconut oil spray. Brush both sides of chicken with coconut oil and season with lime juice, sea salt and pepper
3. Bake uncovered 25-35 minutes or until juice of chicken is no longer pink in the center.
4. Cool chicken 10-15 minutes and spread apart.
5. Heat a saucepan with 2 cups dried quinoa and 4 cups water and heat over a medium heat. Once the quinoa starts to boil, reduce to a low heat and cook for 20 minutes and cover with a lid. In a bowl, add 1/2 cup cooked quinoa roasted veggies, chicken breast, and top with avocado.
I'm an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT-200), offering guidance to high achievers in aligning their lifestyle with well-being through daily wellness and self-care routines, promoting balance and harmony. Join me at Wellness Bum for tips on living well, and consider subscribing to my newsletter or booking a coaching session.